4.11.2007

My Photos have Dust Bunnies



What do you do with all those photos you have taken with your digital camera? I love taking photos and will take a ton of video when I go on a trip or I am with my family. When I get home, I excitedly upload them all to iphoto so I can see them and laugh and remember what happened 1 hour, 1 day or 1 week ago. Then I quit iphoto and that's that. Oh, I may forward a few photos of my adorable niece and nephew to my friends or show my parents the picture of me eating peanut butter and jelly in Taiwan, but then what?

I have decided that when I get a chance, I am going to make photo albums of my important trips and events. Not the plastic coated pages that lose their sticky if you pull out a photo or two. No, I mean the really nice ones with the fabric and everything. iphoto makes it so easy for me to do this, and I am sure there are other places out there that can do it, too.

Weddings and showers and all these events are so important you can't wait to "do something" with your photos. I like the mini photo albums and the photo coasters, so you can actually display your photos and switch them out. My sister-in-law makes scrapbooks and made me a coffee-table mini scrapbook of my niece a few years ago. I love it because it actually is on the coffee table and I pick it up a lot to look at it. A wedding scrapbook would be a nice gift. You could also have a photo printer set up at the reception so everyone can upload their photos to it and print them out for the happy couple. Whatever you do, do something. Because if you don't do it right away, you'll always be saying, "I'll do it one day when I get around to it."

No comments: